Friday, July 8, 2011

Fanart Friday: A Series of Unfortunate Events

When my sister was about 9 she won a competition and was presented the first three books in this series. She was quickly enamoured by the charming and witty tales of the Baudelaire siblings, and urged the rest of us to give the books ago. They really were quite fantastic, not only was the writing funny, engaging and addictive but the physical books, with their uneven, thick pages and beautiful hard covers, were a wonderful addition to our family bookcase too. I can barely remember the film that came out based on the books (I think perhaps it was book 1 and 2 combined?) but there are many details of the wonderful siblings, their eccentric friends and their adventures that are still emblazoned in my mind. Here are just a couple of pictures that I thought picked up the essence of the wonderful series, as usual I think you should all click through the links to get a nice and big view of the fantastic artwork and take a look through the artist's other work while you're there.


A Series of Unfortunate Events by Keithsith

Count Olaf By Freakshow6

A Very Unfortunate Portrait by Rose-Colligan


2 comments:

  1. My children love these books; I've only read the first but I thought it was exceptional. And although these are not real covers, I love this artwork imagining the books as old Penguins:

    http://mscorley.blogspot.com/2009/02/lemony-snicket-redesign.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karyn those covers are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...