Thursday, July 21, 2011

Unbound: A Writer Meets Reader Project

So thanks to the fabulous Stephen Fry I was sent via his twitter to the website Unbound. In it's most basic form Unbound is a website where authors (some well-known others brand-spankin' new) pitch their novel ideas and readers provide them, through personal donations, the opportunities to kickstart their project. According to the Unbound team this places the power back in the hands of the readers and authors and fosters a greater relationship between the two. Rather than have me explain anymore of this second hand I'm going to suggest you press play on the video below, where the Unbound team tell you in much more detail all the wonderful little details of this website in a nifty little cartoon.




I don't know about you guys but I think this seems like a charming little idea that I'm going to be keeping my eye on over time. Can you imagine how great it would be to have your name in a Stephen King, Neil Gaiman or J.K Rowling book as a vital contributor?! Now I'm not suggesting an author of quite that distinction will be making use of this website, but Terry Jones of Monty Python fame has just had a project successfully supported on the site so I think it is fair to say that this is a project that means business!

Anyway, I thought this was an interesting concept and I wanted to share it with all of you, especially because you're all the bookish type who I know would love the idea of supporting authors in this way! So check out the website and get a bit of a better idea of what they're trying to do and take a look at their tumblr blog while you're at it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...