Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Links

*OK, I'm really, really impressed with this tool for readers and writers. It's called a literature map and when you type in the name of an author you love it'll load a huge amount of authors who are similar in style, or who are often enjoyed by people who like your author too. There is a little more complexity to how it positions them on the map, but you can read all about that here.

*Can you spare a little bit of time? Here's an article that provides you with a brief history of time travel literature. An interesting read, to be sure.

*Anne Rice tales about the vampires and werewolves in series like True Blood and Twilight. I've never read Anne Rice (though I've seen a few of the film adaptations) but this article made me think perhaps I should give her a go.

*Tom wrote an opinion piece on our horror blog about the impact Twilight is having on traditional horror fans. I may be biased, but I do think it's a great article and worth a few minutes of your time.

*Sydney Writer's Centre are marvellous at creating little how-to guides or e-courses to help out authors. Follow them on twitter to hear about their courses, tips and hints.

1 comment:

  1. The literature map is interesting - thanks for sharing the link!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...