Friday, December 9, 2011

Can't stop listening to...Matt Corby



A couple of years ago Matt Corby took part in Australian Idol and was the runner up. He was 16 and pretty squeaky clean. He had a decent voice but the singers on Idol never really took my fancy, there was no grit or real emotion to their singing and their singles were always of the mindless pop variety. I think Matt did release a few singles right after Idol but I hadn't watched that season (I stopped after number 2) so he was never really on my radar. About 2 months ago I heard this song, Brother, on the radio and instantly fell in love with it. It's so raw and intense and his voice is unbelievable considering his age. I absolutely love it and haven't been able to stop playing it all week. It's written about an event that he went through recently and if you watch this live clip you'll be able to see the anguish, pain and heartbreak written clearly across his face. I try to keep my swearing to a minimum on this blog (and in real life) but I think the only way I can really conclude my emotions/thoughts on this song is with a resounding...fuck!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. He's come a long way from Idol, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if you'd shown me this clip during his Idol days I probably would have laughed and called you crazy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...