Friday, April 5, 2013

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Readalong Post 3

So this week has been hectic. Wednesday was my PhD confirmation, basically where I had to deliver a 45 minute speech about my study and why it should continue. It was terrifying and stressful. So needless to say there wasn't much sleep in the 4 days leading up to that and then afterwards I came home and slept about 14 hours straight. So I'm going to keep this post short and in bullet points and spend my time commenting on your posts instead. Okay? Okay!



*I love everything about Cho and Harry's awkward kiss and Hermione's much needed talk afterwards. I don't care for Cho but it could not be more awkward and teenager-y if it was taken out of an actual teen's life. Although the whole ex-boyfriend killed by an evil wizard thing might be a bit unrelateable for most.

*I love Lockhart's little cameo. His self-reflection on being liked for being handsome and his indignation about not learning joined up writing for nothing - perfection. 

*The scene with the Longbottom's SLAYS me - poor Neville, it must be so hard. Sad face. 

*Come on Dumbledore, couldn't McGonagall or someone have taught Harry occlumency? Why did you think that was even approaching a good idea?

*Snape's a dick. 

*Hagrid's line "Make's a diff'rence, havin' a decent family, he said. 'Me dad was decent. An' your mum an' dad were decent. If they'd lived, life woulda bin diff'rent, eh" basically sums up the whole series in one sentence.

*I would read Hermione's book about understanding girls and the mad things they do. 

*Question: Can photos see who is looking at them? I mean, portraits can talk about react, but can photos? Or do they just react the way the real them would act in their situation? I'm just wondering if Bellatrix would still be scowling if it was Voldemort looking down at her picture in the prophet.

*SNITCHES GET STITCHES MARIETTA (or spots rather)

*Ugh, Percy and Umbridge still stink.

*That scene in Dumbledore's office is so unnecessarily dramatic and makes things worse for EVERYONE. 

*HOW does Harry manage to leave Snape during the pensieve memory? That's not how memory works JKR...

*"I should have made my meaning plainer,' said Professor McGonagall, turning at last to look Umbridge directly in the eyes. 'He has achieved high marks in all Defence Against the Dark Arts tests set by a competent teacher" 




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...