Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wildcard Wednesday: A new companion?


This is how it works. Every Wednesday I'll put up a prompt, but it won't be like the prompts you've seen before. Wildcard Wednesday requires bloggers to use their imaginations, to take what they read and use it in a new and unique way. {Hosted by GabrielReads}

 Prompt: Insert yourself into a crucial scene from one of your favorite books. Make sure that whatever you do in that scene ruins the intended outcome.
 

"Draco, do it or stand aside so one of us -" screeched the woman, but at that recise moment the door to the ramparts burst open once more and there stood Snape, his wand clutched in his hand as his black eyes swept the scene, from Dumbledore slumped against the wall, to the four Death Eaters, including the enraged werewold, and Malfoy.

"We've got a problem, Snape,"said the lumpy Amycus, whose eyes and wand were fixed alike upon Dumbledore, 'the boy doesn't seem able -"

But somebody else had spoken Snape's name quite softly.

"Severus..."

The sound frightened Harry beyond anything he had experienced all evening. For the first time, Dumbledore was pleading.

Snape said nothing, but walked forwards and pushed Malfoy roughly out of the way. The three Death Eaters fell back without a word. Even the werewolf seemed cowed.
Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face.

"Severus...please..."

"Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at Dumbledore.

"Avada Kedavra"  

"whoop whoop whoop"

Harry struggled against his invisible binds as a large blue box appeared in the narrow space between the slumped Dumbledore and Snape, whose wand was still raised in Dumbledore's direction. Harry strained to see if Snape's curse hit Dumbledore but the box is in his way, blocking Dumbledore and several of the Death Eaters from his view.

The arrival of this odd, blue box seemed to have stunned all present into silence but as Snape lowered his wand the Death Eaters seemed to wake from their stupor.

"W-what is it?" Stammered Malfoy, a deathly shade of white.

"Another one of Dumbledore's tricks, I'm sure of it," snarled the werewolf.

"I can quite assure you that this isn't any of my magic Greyback," came Dumbledore's weak voice from somewhere behind the big blue thing.

Harry sighed in relief, Dumbledore was alive, Snape's curse had missed and now Dumbledore knew that Snape was every bit as evil as Harry had always told him he was.

"Dumbledore will sort this out," thought Harry gazing intently at the blue box, trying to see through it to the old wizard he knew was behind it.

"Everything will -"

Harry's thought was interrupted by a noise coming from the inside of the blue box, an explosion of some sorts.

"I don't like this, I don't think we should be here," cowered Amycus, "let's go, leave it to the boy to sort out. The dark lord had wanted him to do it anyway."

"Silence!" Commanded Snape, as he stepped closer to the box peering intensely at the blue wood. He ran a hand over the side of it, formed a fist and knocked sharply.

Everyone jumped when Snape's knock was returned with a quiet shadowy knock. It proved too much for the shaky Amycus and his sister. They backed off away from the box before turning and running out the door.

Snape shot a look of disgust in their direction and turned his head back to the box, leaned his ear against the wood and knocked again, five light taps this time.

Two quick knocks and a weird buzzing sound responded, "tap, tap."

Greybeard began circling around away from Snape, and slowly eased his way towards the door. Malfoy stood rooted to the spot, his face a mix of terror and curiosity and Dumbledore remained hidden away from Harry's heavily straining eyes.

Snape's wand lay forgotten in his other hand, his concentration was now completely fixed on the blue box he was pressed up against. Harry watched as he raised his hand again, ready for another tap when Snape seemed to tumble into the blue box and out of sight. From inside a loud "Allons-y" was bellowed and the sound of a door slammed shut.

"whoop, whoop, whoop"


So there you go, my (piss-poor) interpretation of this week's prompt. The first half (up till the Avada Kedavra curse) was directly taken from HP and the Half Blood Prince. In case anyone reading this doesn't watch Doctor Who (and you should) The big blue box is the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space), the buzzing sound was the Doctor's sonic screwdriver and "Allons-y" (let's go in French*) was the catchphrase of the David Tennant incarnation of the Doctor.


*A rather bastardised version of French I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to make a horrible confession. Even with my being a huge sci-fi dork and loving everything British I've never seen an episode of Dr. Who. *gasp* I have enough friends who are fans that I know what it's about and who the Doctor is and what the Tardis is, but I've never sat down to watch an episode.

    There's a myth about vampires that says that they have to obsessively count things (which is, I suppose, where Sesame Street got the idea for the Count from) so if you sprinkle a bunch of rice or grains in their coffin, they won't be able to rise until they've counted all of them. That's kind of how I feel about Dr. Who. We're already on the tenth doctor (I think?) and I feel like I should watch the other incarnations before I jump into the newest one. I know that I don't have to, but I'd feel weird if I didn't. I'd love to start watching it, but I have crazy vampire syndrome...or something. You get what I mean.

    Great WCW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, I never knew that myth about Vampires, very interesting.

    Anyway, I know how you feel, there are quite a few series (books and tv) that I'd love to get into but I feel overwhelmed and never know where to start. If you decide you want to watch it (and oh my god you should watch it) I'd start at the 2005 beginning with Chris Eccleston. It'll take awhile to catch up, but you will be completely caught up and know all the ins and outs. The old series is really quite separate to the new stuff, so you can go back to them later when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...