The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
1. Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
2. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
3.Animal Farm by George Orwell
4. Nerd do Well by Simon Pegg
5. IQ84 by Haruki Murakami
6. Harry Potter 1-7 by J.K. Rowling
7. The Dark Tower by Stephen King (as many as possible)
8. Portrait of a Killer- Jack the Ripper by Patricia Corwell>
9. Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis
10. Manic Streets of Perth: Anthology by Dave Franklin
These aren't really "summer reads," more like "reads I don't get a chance to attempt when I'll in the middle of a uni semester".There is very little chance I'll make it through even half of these books this summer, but I'll do my best to make a serious dent! Most of these books are the big fat novels I avoid when I'm busy because I like to take significant chunks out of books when I read them, rather than spend two months reading bits and pieces at a time. Others are new (ish) releases or series that I'm desperate to finally get a start on. Harry Potter 1-7 are the only re-reads, and it's a re-read that I do every summer. On average it takes me about 1-2 weeks to read through them and reacquaint myself with my beloved characters and the school I always wished I went to.
I'll be sure to post some pictures of me reclining on the beach in Northern NSW with a book in hand for all of you battling your winter chills!