Friday, December 10, 2010

2011 Book Challenge - I'm on Fire!

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge


Apart from the books set for university I really didn't get much reading done this year. So next year I'm going to push myself to read, read, read by joining the reading challenge set out by the Book Vixen. Because I'm going to be engaging in honours and part-time work next year I'm not going to kid myself by setting 100 books to read, I'll just feel pathetic when I don't reach it. Instead I'm going to aim for 50, if I read more then excellent, if I only make it to 50, well 50 ain't so bad is it? Well that puts me on the I'm On Fire level, so I feel pretty good about it!!

I'm not going to list every book I intend to read next year but here are a few on my TBR pile that I simply must dive into.

Thomas De Quincey - Confessions of an English Opium Eater
Aldous Huxley - Brave New World
F.Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald- Bits of Paradise
Christopher Isherwood - Lions and Shadows
Philip K. Dick - The Man in the High Castle
Hans Falada - Alone in Berlin
Roald Dahl - Skin
Raymond Chandler- The Lady in the Lake
Alan More- From Hell 
Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games Trilogy (I've heard it is a must read series- any thoughts before I buy it?)

Plus there are a few re-reads that I'll definitely be spending time on, namely the LOTR trilogy and perhaps Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, as it has been awhile since I've read through those.

I'll be updating my progress on here as I go (labelling it Book Challenge for easier blog update searching) and I'll be adding the books as I go to my GoodReads account. Some books will get reviews, some probably won't but I'll let you know every teeny detail of my 2011 book journey.

If you want to take part head over to The Book Vixen's blog for the complete list of rules and how to enter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...