Friday, March 2, 2012

February Wrap-Up

How was everyone's February? I was so busy! I had my sisters both staying with me, I went back to uni, I had to set up our home office, it's been disgustingly hot and rainy, and I went up to Cairns for a weekend! Somewhere in the midst of that I managed to get a bit of reading done (amazing right!). My blogging has slowed down in the last month in anticipation for how full on this year will be for me. I'll continue to have Monday links and Fanart Friday each week, but I'll only be posting two reviews a week, most likely on Tuesday and Saturday. I'd love to keep reviewing with the vigour I've been reviewing with up till this point, but I think this will be much more sustainable as my uni commitments increase. This way I should be able to keep going like this, rather than have to break for a month at a time. Anyway, hope you all had wonderful time reading this February!
Hosted byBooking in Heels
 Aim:
10 books and 1 film.

Progress:
2 books and the film

Books Read:
Dracula by Bram Stoker - I can't believe I haven't read this before! I absolutely loved it, it's exactly what a supernatural horror/thriller should be.
Review to come

Next to read:
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson


Hosted by Curiosity Killed the Bookworm
Aim:
One sci-fi book a month.

Progress:
I read the Hunger Games trilogy this month since the group read was a book I've already read.

Books read:
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - All of you bloggers didn't let me down! I loved it! I found it similar to some other stories out there, but I really enjoyed it.
Read my review here

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - Probably my favourite of the series, I found this one fresh, fast-paced and action packed.
Read my review here

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - I had some real problems with this one, but it's definitely still a must read.
review to come

Next to read:
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.


Aim:
50

Progress:
24 read so far.

Books read:
The Fog by James Herbert - Both great and not so great. A fantastic horror concept and some wonderful short character vignettes but the army aspect wasn't really my cup of tea.
Read review here.

Drift by Andrew Cyrus Hudson - An author requested read. A different story, a blend of horror with family drama with a healthy dose of musical influences.
Read review here.

Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk - A real let down. The rushed story and wishy-washy characters made for a forgettable read.
Read review here.

Anything New:
*I've started accepting films for review and my first post was of three films by director Jeremiah Kipp. Click through to read the reviews and for the links to watch the short films.


*Be sure to check over at my horror blog for Asian Horror Month!

3 comments:

  1. You're doing awesome on the challenge/reading fronts! And two reviews a week is still pretty impressive :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing awesome with challenges/reading! And two reviews a week is still pretty impressive IMO :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Belle! We'll see how well that actually goes, I've got a few weeks pre-scheduled but I can't help but think it'll fall down to one a week very soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...