Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Terrifying



As an FNQ girl I've lived through countless cyclones, the ones that hit and the ones that we fear but then peter out before they hit land, but not once have I seen something of this size bearing down straight at us.  This is the monster heading straight for my home. While I am tucked safe and sound down south in Brisbane my family and friends sit and wait until it will be safe enough to come out and see what can be salvaged. Because if this storm holds its current strength and size that is all they will be able to do, salvage the scraps of their lives left by this tumultuous storm. My thoughts haven't strayed from my family and friends and everyone else back home since this cyclone was first announced and all I can do is hope and pray that they all make it through the other side. Until then I'm sure they won't sleep a wink of sleep, and neither will I.

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...